Baked Skinless Chicken Leg Quarters with Honey BBQ sauce
Baked Sweet Potatoe (I do this with everything since it's 1 of my favorite superfoods!)
Peruvian Cilantro Rice with Yellow Squash (you can use beans instead if you'd like it's up to you)
Peruvian Cilantro Rice (25 mins)
1 bunch of fresh cilantro (rinse before use)
2.5 cups of white long grain rice washed
1 tsp cumin
1 tbs. salt
1 onion chopped
4-5 cloves of garlic chopped
1 tbs. oil (I only use coconut)
3-5 cups of water (you need enough water to cover the rice and bring to a boil, then some to add as it gets soft)
2-3 small yellow squash chopped
- Add your oil, onions, garlic to your pan and fry on medium heat.
- While your onions are frying, blend your cilantro with a little water. It shouldn't take long. This is what it should look like. (You might have more or less it depends on the bunch.)
- Add your rice, sprinkle seasonings, salt, and cilantro puree
- Add water to cover rice, and bring to a boil on high heat (5 mins). Lower heat when it begins to stick to the pan and add a cup of water, stir, lower heat to low and cover pan. If rice looks like it might need a little more water to cook, then add it. It depends on the pan depth sometimes.
- Simmer for 8 mins, add yellow squash. Cover for the remaining time.
- Sweet potatoes: high in Vitamin-D & C, B6, iron, magnesium, potassium, promotes collagen production for elasticity found in youthful skin, high in carotenoids like beta carotene and other carotenoids, which is the precursor to vitamin A in your body. Carotenoids help strengthen our eyesight and boost our immunity to disease, they are powerful antioxidants that help ward off cancer and protect against the effects of aging.
- Avocado: Cancer protection, heart health, high MUFAs (monounsaturated fats for flatter bellies), high in vitamin E, lowers cholesterol, and good for eye health and lowering cholesterol.
- Cilantro: high in antioxidants, removes heavy metal buildup in the body, and very rich in manyvitamins, including folic-acid, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin-A, beta carotene, and vitamin-C.
- Yellow Squash: high in antioxidants for cancer protection, low calorie/low fat, vitamin/mineral rich like all veggies, helps prostate health for men with BPH.
Hope you all like it, feel free to leave questions or comments in the box below.