Sunday-Thursday- we eat 100% solely nutritious meals, not half assed nutritious meals we've been doing for some time, lol. I say Sunday-Thursday because for us personally our weekend starts on Friday, and Sunday is the beginning of the week; a great day home to get organized for the week ahead.
Friday-Saturday is reserved for eating what you want, but within limitations. I don't even wanna say "eating what you want"...it's more of allowing for less than 100% nutritious meals, but with a twist.
So here goes:
- Lemons for lemon water every morning an hour after rising.
- Water (approx 6-7 gallons a week, if you're having a cup of lemon water in the morning and 64 oz each day)
- Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness juice
- V8 Low Sodium
- Almond milk (60 cal)
- Bell Peppers-mainly Red, Yellow, Orange, Green. Mix it up however you like.
- Yellow Squash
- Sweet Potatoes
- Snow Peas
- Choice between bigger vegetable for Thursdays (I make thursdays our day to eat a major vegetable cooked indian-style, like Pumpkin, Spinach, Eggplant, you can do Winter Butternut Squash, or Green Squash. Be creative, do it your culture's way, or try some other cultured recipes.
- lean chicken breasts/thighs, or turkey your choice but breast is healthier
- your choice of fish and seafood (no farm raised)
For fruits you can choose what or how much you like depending on what's in season as well. Aim for 3-5 servings of fruit per day. I personally prefer:
- yellow apples to eat sliced with either almond or peanut butter for a snack
- long haitian mangos
- 1 min oats
- 100% whole wheat whole grain bread
- cream of wheat whole grain
- rice of your choice, if you can do brown rice, then great! If not, it's ok to use white rice, but you'll have to be very careful with your portions
As I fine tune our meal plans, I'll update this list. For now this is it. Look out for meal ideas to go with this list later.