- You look unapproachable, or give off that energy that says something completely opposite of the way you are. Maybe it's your clothing, maybe it's a "don't fuck with me" attitude displayed in your facial expressions, or maybe it's just like the animal kingdom and your composure. The alpha male or alpha female struts in and all the other animals take notice and make a mental note to stay the fuck away.
- You have confirmation: Your friends didn't like you originally, they told you they didn't, but now that they know you, you're really not that bad.
- People refuse to make eye contact with you for long periods, they look away and keep their glances short.
- You have an aggressive and confrontational demeanor. You don't start fights, but you're known to assert yourself when necessary. You say what you mean and you mean what you say.
- You're a nonconformist, you're not afraid to say "No".You know what you want and what you don't want. You don't follow the crowd.
- You move heaven and earth to make things happen. You don't settle for anything less than what you had planned. When shit goes downhill you don't take it easy. You have to have it all. For some reason people don't like go-getters, they're seen as opportunists or too selfish.
- You have had that one super nice acquaintance that secretly hates you but showers you with tons of compliments, plays with your hair, and a lot of other deceitful behavior. You know what's up, but its easier to just be cordial because you've been considered being a bitch for too long on one too many occasions. This person is the first person to try to make you feel bad when you're feeling vulnerable and will use your situation to their own insecure advantage.
- People misunderstand you. You don't set out to offend anyone but at the same time you don't care what people think. Your ideas, beliefs and shared posts usually range from crazy to bat-shit crazy, extreme even. You don't need anyone to validate your authenticity, you just continue being yourself. If anyone has a problem they can remove themselves from your life. Let's face it; social networking has brought on more judgments.
- You're okay with being alone and it's obvious that you enjoy your own company. Your circles start off small and remain small. Society drives people to want other's acceptance, we're bred that way. To be liked is desired more than the desire to be successful. When you seek out social acceptance all the time it's like sleeping with partner after partner. You give away little pieces of yourself each time until there's nothing left.
- You walk into a room and know immediately how people feel about you. It's all in their eyes, not only do they avoid eye contact but when they do make eye contact, it's not a welcoming and pleasant look. Every fiber of your being tells you who you should be careful with because they don't have the best intentions. You've never done anything to this person yet your gut feels negatively when you're near them. This is the person who will like+comment on your posts on FB and when you see them in real life they will say hi and avoid you, walk past you and act like you're not even there. You're under their skin even though you're unsure why regardless of how nice you are to them.
Don't Change; kill them with Kindness anyway.
This article is also featured on Thought Catalog.