Mashed Cauliflower Potatoes
1 head of cut cauliflower florets
3 large white sweet potato (See pic below)
3-4 tablespoons of butter (non hydrogenated for the health kick)
Salt to your taste
Seasoning Salt-to your taste
Chopped onions, carrots, or anything else you wanna add (optional)
If you're still not satisfied with the consistency, all is not lost. Add 1 cup of Hungry Jack mashed potato flakes.
When you're at the grocery store:
boniato = tropical sweet potato = Cuban sweet potato = white sweet potato = white-fleshed sweet potato = batiste = batata = batata dulce = camote
- Cut your cauliflower florets and sweet potatoes.
- Add to pot with enough water to almost cover the cauliflower.
- Bring to a boil, and lower heat to simmer for 15 mins.
- Check to see if it's soft enough to mash, if not leave for a few more mins.
- Strain and use a potato masher to mash. I keep some of the water so I don't need to add milk. It's up to you.
- Add butter, salt, and anything else you'd like.
- Cauliflower is rich in antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, on top of the cancer preventing foods list, protector of the Cardiovascular and Cerebrovascular systems preventing, heart attacks, strokes, and against kidney failure. Cauliflower also contains vitamins B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B5 (pantothenic acid), B6 (pyridoxine) and B9 (folic acid). It serves as a good source of proteins, phosphorus and potassium.
- This recipe is:
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Low fat
- High fiber
- Dairy free (use your own dairy free butter substitute)