I had a million things on my to-do-list for the holidays and lately I have ADHD or something because I keep making drafts that I don't finish to publish. I haven't worked hard enough this past year on this blog but I won't beat myself up because last has been an amazing year for me. I'm growing, I'm changing, I had another birthday but I'll be forever young!
This is my Theme Song!
For two yrs now I have consistently been doing my exercise, eating healthy, getting my mind and body right. I feel the most productive and content when I'm doing me. 2014 was the year of me and what makes me happy and what I'd like to say most for people just getting started on themselves is this: Do Something or Do Nothing. Every time you don't do what you're supposed to do, you defeat yourself. You are your own biggest nightmare.
10 Ways to Invest in Yourself Starting Right NOW:
1. Eat Right. You want to look and feel differently? Eat a wholesome and nutritious diet. Stick to single ingredient foods. If you can't pronounce it, don't eat it. If you want that piece of cake, go ahead and eat it, and enjoy every bite, but don't go back for more. If you already had a meal recently go get some water! Hydrate!
2. Exercise. It's just that simple. I used to hate exercise but now I actually look forward to it, I don't dread it anymore. I get 3-4 days in a week, and I love it, if I don't do it I feel like crap. Even if you don't get any time in to exercise, move faster, get yourself moving. Lift some heavy things in your home for a few reps every week, put on the music and dance!
3. Rest. Sleep or do things that make you feel restful. In the last two weeks I slept when I wanted to, I hung around my house doing absolutely nothing, took calming baths, and had a dates with myself, enjoying music, my own company, the wind, or my favorite thing; the night...
4. Groom. Be your best self. Pamper yourself. You don't need a lot of money to do this. Scrub your skin, do your nails, wax, pluck, shave, get a haircut, get yourself together daily and consistently. We take great care of our most prized possessions why shouldn't you be the most important thing?
5. Say NO. Feeling exhausted and need a time out? Say no to anything or everything asking more of you. Making time for your family and friends is important but sometimes it's equally important to say no. The time you spend doing things that drain you or serve no purpose is the time you could've spent doing one of the important things listed above. Say it outloud: "I will no longer over extend myself if I don't want to."
6. Say YES. Say yes after you've said no. If it feels good do it. Today's society breeds two types of people. The overindulge-rs and the delayers. There are those who need to say NO more often to things they overindulge in and then there are those waiting. Waiting to start their life, waiting for more money, waiting for the "right" time. Delayed gratification is the most important part of success, however delayed gratification can hurt you too. Too much of anything is not good, so do the things you enjoy, because it's part of loving yourself. Hobbies are just as important as chores.
7. Expression. Be creative, imaginative, be the unique person you are, there's no one like you. Wear the clothes that represent your best you. Fuck comfort. As the saying goes; "comfort is a beautiful place but nothing grows there". Be bold, be excited. Let yourself be drawn to things you've never felt before.
8. MUSIC. I can't stress music enough.Music is therapy, music is life, music is a universal language that helps the process of having and maintaining positive thoughts. Listen to music as much as you can, not just top 40, but different Genres like Instrumental, Classical, EDM, House, Rock, Alternative. 15 Amazing Effects Music Has on Your Health Backed by Science
9. Seek Growth. Become so self-aware that you're able to identify what makes you happiest, when you're being unrealistic, when you're complaining too much, who isn't genuine, and when to re-evaluate the direction you're headed in. The first thing people will ask is how? When you go on a journey looking for growth that's where you'll develop strength, learn life lessons, and build determination that will get you through the tough things in life. Read as much as you can, focus your goals on experiences rather than material possessions. Focus your ambitions on fulfillment. Satisfaction is guaranteed there.
10. Love. If you're in a relationship, be present, be passionate. If you're working on your career, it needs to be fulfilling. If you're with your family or friends, it needs to be a mutually understanding, supportive, uplifting relationship. Give love in all the areas of your life. Happiness is waking up everyday loving who we are, what we're doing and who we're with.