|What Girls Expect Vs What Actually Happens On Valentine’s Day|
I know things have been shifting and changing. Jobs have changed, dreams were being dreamt, and there has been several moves. The excitement of pregnancy tests arrived, our excitement and hopes continued to soar as the time went by. When each child was born we looked into each other's eyes mesmerized and in awe of the beauty we created. Occasions are coming and going, but even though we observe them, the sparkle and excitement of these occasions are becoming overshadowed by responsibilities, and daily burdens, which I wholeheartedly understand. You show you care when you help with the kids, you show your appreciation for me after we put the kids to bed, you show your love and dedication through your hard work as it's become pretty clear you want to be the best damn provider you can be. It's just that on holidays like this, I can't help but want to be surprised, to be spoiled a little extra, to read something special, to be doted on just a tad more.
People say why do you need a holiday to tell people you love them? But if these people ever really struggled, and understood how the time flies by in our busy days, they would realize it's not even an afterthought when we just sacrificed our sleep to satisfy each other's sexual needs, or our need to talk to our heart's content on some days.
Valentine's Day has become too commercialized and focuses on expensive things. I think this is becoming a deterrent in creativity, and thought, especially with the way everyone brag-posts their gifts.
With that being said here are a few ideas of things you can do even on a budget:
- Get a card and write something heartfelt.
- Ask me to make a wishlist of items ranging from $1-$300 or more, and pick up one or two things that falls in your budget. Use the list for occasions that will arise later on during the year, you've got a headstart in saving for it.
- Plan a romantic night. Let me tell you my fantasies.
- Come up with a menu and let's cook together.
- Buy me some of my favorite chocolates!
- Stuffed bears if I'm into that kinda thing.
- Pressed for time? A gift card to my favorite shop definitely shows some thought.
- Spoil me with some of your manly services... a massage, a foot rub, a romantic bath.
- Take me to get pampered a little; mani/pedi/facial
- Take me on a little shopping spree.
- Dinner at a fancy restaurant.
- Flowers/Edible Arrangements. 1 Flower truly is okay.
- Plan for us to spend the day doing a fun activity together. It could be spent playing scrabble for all anyone cares, as long as we're creating moments/memories.
- A movie at home or in theaters.
- Focus on quality not quantity.
- Help with whatever's been stressing me out.
- Fix that something/do that task you said you would do.
- Look on groupon.com for a deal on something cool/fun/new/interesting/thoughtful.
Take me to a place I've never been before...even if it's just for a little while.
Sincerely yours truly....