- Have you ever had someone do something nice for you and you panic because you don't know how else to respond, and feel like you don't deserve it?
- Have you ever berated yourself because you ate something delicious but bad and now you feel guilty about it and can't get over it?
- Have you ever looked at your pictures and tore yourself up with criticism?
- Have you ever been scared of what tomorrow will bring?
- Have you ever had insomnia where you basically stay up the entire night with a million things on your mind but you get high on just the energy of night and music, starting projects and plans until you're exhausted?
- Do you frequently wake up with dread and fear and not know why?
- Do you frequently wish you'd never been born? Or think about death?
- Do you keep having the same conversations with yourself and others, because its the same old issues coming up?
- Have you had an unstable childhood at any point where things changed a lot and made you scared about what would happen to you?
- Have you ever suffered from physical, emotional, sexual and/or verbal abuse?
- Have you ever had a panic attack?
- Do you have unhealthy eating habits? Periods of starving, skipping meals, and then binge eating?
- Growing up, did you engage in risky behaviors?
- Do you ever feel like you will never be good enough or reach a certain standard?
- Are you a control freak?
- Are you easily overwhelmed?
I say to my daughter:
- "NEVER SAY YOU CAN'T! YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU PUT YOUR MIND TO!"
- "ARE YOU FOCUSED ON THE PROBLEM OR THE SOLUTION?"
- "I BELIEVE IN YOU, I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT."
- "WHEN YOU GIVE UP, YOU NEVER GET TO WIN,"
- "YOU MIGHT NOT GET IT RIGHT, NOW, BUT WITH PRACTICE YOU WILL."
- "REMEMBER WHEN YOU COULDN'T WRITE YOUR LETTERS?"
- "WHEN YOU FEEL SCARED, REMEMBER GOD AND EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY."
- "DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT NOW, YOU WILL LEARN WHEN THE TIME COMES, THAT'S WHAT LIFE IS ABOUT."
She is 6 years old. I am in my late 20's, (even this gives me anxiety, lol) yet those messages can certainly be applied to myself, if only I would say them. We all have that inner voice doubting all the things we can do, self-sabotaging our own goals, questioning what we're capable of, and waiting for someone else to help us realize how special we are.
3 Main Points I Want to Share Are:
- Children are like seeds. Planted in shallow soil, they won't be able to stand strong against the wind.
- Regardless of how you were planted in deep or shallow soil, you still have the power to thicken your roots and grow.
- Do your best to plant positive seeds in your mind. Beautiful things will blossom.
Raise Your Awareness.