When I was in school I couldn't wait for it to be over, and when it was over I was like thank God! I'll never forget that feeling of being free, but now I'm feeling like a caged bird with deadlines to remember, emails to keep up with, projects to get done, and most importantly a place to get to on time 2x daily [my biggest downfall]... I'm in my own little world as usual, and I want to stress without really stressing how important it is to take time to yourself. My friend thinks I need a hobby or a class because I'm in the house too much. Sometimes I feel that what I really need is to turn back the hands of time before I had serious responsibilities. Being a mother kills my spirit sometimes and I need extra time to myself more than ever before to stay focused on the big picture. Having me time enables me to stop and take care of my needs, reflect, evaluate and remain aware of everything inside me and around me. I'm always finding ways to reinvent myself.
Some moms just keep going at it nonstop, and don't take time for themselves because they feel like they don't have a choice. I'm here to say no more. Those of you running on empty, frazzled and frumpy, sloppy, hungry, angry, sleep-deprived, and sex-deprived...STOP!
Commit to being the Best You:
- Go take that nap you really needed.
- Enjoy a new body scrub, yes you have time to use it!
- Enjoy your bathtub, light some candles, and put on the music. Tranquility is priceless.
- Spoil yourself a little.
- Pay attention to your body. Quench your thirst, feed and nourish your body.
- Do yoga and/or exercise.
- Indulge just a tad. Life is too short to not eat that slice of cake.
- Paint your nails! Once it gets chipped, make a habit of doing it over.
- Buy new makeup
- Always take pride in yourself
- Get a haircut.
- Learn about Feng Shui and follow tips on how to re-energize your home and your spirit.
- Live in the now. Use this present moment to better yourself
- Ask for help. Ask yourself: "What do I need?"
- Spend time on yourself that will help you progress intellectually, and spiritually.
Listen to this POWERFUL message and leave your reaction in the comment box below.
...And most of all: Trust that you're doing a great job!