For those of you who know me very well, you know that I absolutely HATE waste...
If you didn't know that about me now you know that;
- I secretly despise people who are purposely and ignorantly wasteful.
- Wait I despise ignorance too...
- I actually get inherently upset when I see people do it. Pretty much couple times a week my kids or husband will have me yelling about being "waster-roos".
- Motherhood has only heightened this awareness and anger towards it.
- I always carry my water bottle where ever I go.
- I don't buy bottled water unless I absolutely have to.
- It's not just about saving the planet, its all forms of wasting things that bother me.
- Part of being grateful and living in gratitude is acknowledging the things we take for granted such as water, food, money, clothing, shelter. When we first started out in life, we didn't have much and we struggled quite a bit. I know what it's like not to have. Living in abundance now doesn't change that humble beginning for me.
- I'm not a saint or being self-righteous. I do know it's bad to use disposable diapers and have used them with both girls. I just think it's important to do your VERY best in the capacity you can, in the part you play in the world.
So what can you do?
- Buy a reusable water bottle! Invest in a water dispenser! You can get better quality water from a variety of filtration systems. I've actually had my filtered water tested against name brand store bottled water and the results were shocking.
- Recycle as much as possible.
- Buy what you need. There's a problem with over consumption today. We're living in excess.
- I chose my home based on a great number of things but energy-efficiency was the #1 selling point for me. If you have the opportunity to build or choose something that uses less resources, do it!
- Start an organic garden.
- Don't eat meat at least once a week.
- Use technology to your advantage, program lights and thermostats, install dual flush toilets to save water.
- Buy groceries/meats locally grown and sustainably/humanely raised.
- Advocate for laws against non-GMOs, and fish farms. These petitions are at your fingertips online.
- Spread the word. Share with as many people as possible after seeing this message: