- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Use a fork to mix the paprika, salt, black pepper, onion powder, chili powder and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
- Rub the tenderloin evenly with the olive oil. Then rub the spice mixture evenly over it until the tenderloin is thoroughly coated. Cover loosely with plastic wrap, and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the honey and garlic in a small bowl.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, lightly mist it with cooking spray. Cook the tenderloin for 1–2 minutes per side, or until just browned on all sides.
- Place the tenderloin in a roasting pan or ovenproof skillet. (If one end of tenderloin is much thinner than the other, tuck it under to create a similar thickness throughout.) Use a pastry or basting brush to evenly coat the tenderloin with the honey mixture. Roast, uncovered, for 16–18 minutes, or until it is just barely pink inside and a meat thermometer inserted in the center reaches 155°F (the temperature will rise another 5°F while standing).
- Remove from the oven, loosely cover the tenderloin (not the whole pan) with foil, and let stand for 10 minutes. Transfer the tenderloin to a cutting board. Holding your knife at a 45-degree angle, thinly slice the tenderloin. Serve immediately.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
Per serving: Calories: 209; Total Fat: 8g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Monounsaturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 84mg; Sodium: 362mg; Carbohydrate: 8g; Dietary Fiber: 1g; Sugar: 6g; Protein: 27g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 507mg; Iron: 11%; Vitamin A: 12%; Vitamin C: 2%; Calcium: 3%
For the original recipe and to see more health related articles: